Saturday, December 22, 2012

The MOM Award


Last December 1, I got the biggest surprise when PAS President Rhiza Espinoza declared me as this year's Most Outstanding Member. It was something that's really unexpected. I joined PAS 7 years ago and at that time I never really imagined myself  to be active and participative in the activities and projects of the association. I just wanted to stay in the sidelines as an ordinary member attending to meetings and merely a spectator. But things didn't turn out as initially planned. Some members of the association trusted me and tapped me to do some little roles like sell raffle tickets during GMMs or be the emcee in the Executive's Night. Saying "no" would mean you're not up for the challenge. Then the roles became bigger and bolder like being a committee head or being one of the officers. Finally, the peak of my membership with PAS was running the association as President in 2012. It was the most challenging yet rewarding role for me as member. 

This year, I thought of actually slowing down a bit after my presidency last year but I was thrust again to chair the Socio-Civic Committee when the initial chairperson took a leave from the association. I accepted the role as my way of giving back to the association and its membership for all the support given to me in 2012. It is also out of the friendship that I have with the president Ms. Rhiza Espinoza that I have to extend my support and help in any way I can during her term. To say that it was the most stressful year in my membership with PAS is an understatement. Sometimes, I asked why I'm allowing myself to be stressed and harassed by all these activities to the extent of jeopardizing work and family. But alongside all the stress and pressure are the people who made it all fun and worthwhile. I couldn't have done and pull of an activity without friends in PAS who makes the load a less heavy. Yes, there were those what we call "Sisa" moments but those were the moments that really separate the tough from the weak. I think there's nothing that cannot be done in any organization or association if you get all the help from what you call your support system. 


There were a lot of people to really thank for...my so-called support system, the reason why I am sticking it out with PAS all these years...

To the GGM girls, my bestest friends in PAS for the overflowing doses of laughter and energy.
To the Socio-Civic Committee, for backing me up in all our projects and activities this year.
To my mentor Ms. O, for being instrumental in my being a member of PAS.
To the president Ms. Rhiza, for the trust and confidence and for giving this most coveted award.
To PAS, for the learning opportunities and for giving me the chance to grow as a professional and as an individual.

On top of the pride as this year's MOM, I also received fabulous prizes --- hotel GCs (which by the way was solicited by me hehehe), jewelry, a new microwave oven, a beautiful plaque among others. In closing, I wish to encourage all the members of PAS to give it your best and 100% no matter how little the role is given to you. It will always be rewarded in many ways. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

TAIWAN 2018

Most Pinoys would choose Hongkong, Singapore or Thailand as their first country of destination.  As for me and my husband, we got our firs...