Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Synergy Run

Pardon the silence but I was swamped with so much activities left and right. I felt the need to escape from the entire buzz but there are just things that you can't leave behind and just finish it once and for all.

One of which is the 1st Synergy Run - a half-marathon run organized by the Philippine Association of Secretaries and Administrative Professionals Cebu (PAS) and the People Management Association of the Philippines (PMAP). It was a very ambitious project that almost took our time from everything including our sanity. At the start, there were already issues especially with the way both associations do things differently and there came a point when I just wanted to drop everything like a hot potato. But I feel blessed that I had the best team to back me up particularly on the PAS side. Towards the big day though, the committee pitched in and helped in the completion of some remaining tasks. We already felt the so-called SYNERGY. 

The committee goofing around

Well, the turnout wasn't really what we expected. We were short of our targeted number of runners despite the aggressive marketing and promotions. But it wasn't really bad considering the fact that it was a first time for us to organize such an event and despite the competition of runs on the same day. We got good reviews from the attendees with how it was organized on race day itself. And we were truly blessed with generous sponsors. 


Elite Runners in front before the 21k gunstart

When asked if we were to do it all over again, I would still go for it. I believe we have created a mark in the running community and we feel that there's still a lot of room for improvement. The only way to apply what we've learned from this activity is to do it the second time around...or the third and so on. There's actually more gain than lost. I learned so much and my patience was put to a test.

i can still afford a smile despite the pressure

Cheers to the 1st SYNERGY RUN!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mhalou. Got to visit your blog as I was looking for running blogs by Cebu-based runners. I enjoyed reading your blog entries. They are inspiring given your quest to have a balanced and enjoyable life, joggling multiple dynamic hats. Will be in Cebu this week and wanted to check the local running scene. I am a Manila-based runner from Bicol. I also have a running blog. By the way, great smile only a runner can. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bicolano Penguin/Macky...thanks for dropping by and apologies for this delayed reply to your post. I hope you enjoyed your visit in Cebu. We were also in Manila over the weekend to run in the Condura Skyway Marathon and we had a blast. Keep on visiting my blog...Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete

TAIWAN 2018

Most Pinoys would choose Hongkong, Singapore or Thailand as their first country of destination.  As for me and my husband, we got our firs...