Wednesday, December 26, 2012

2012 Christmas Diaries (Part 1)

December... it's one of the busiest yet the happiest seasons of the year. Despite the heavy traffic and the long ques at the counters, Christmas will always be my favorite time of the year. There are the parties and gatherings to look forward to. It's also a time when people really make an effort to dress up and doll up. 

As a write this, it's already the 26th of December and the merry-making just concluded thus the title. But of course, there's the New Year Celebration to look forward to but that deserves another post.

So, I'm coming up with a blow by blow chronicle of my Christmas celebrations to constantly remind me of the joy that the season brings...



Blast from the Past
December 1; Cebu City Marriott Hotel

Retro ladies

It's the annual Christmas Party of the Philippine Association of Secretaries and Admin Professionals - Cebu Chapter. Of course, being the head of the Socio-Civic Committee I was involved again in the preparations. We had a retro party with member of PAS wearing the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's costumes. There were also presentations that landed my committee to the last spot. Nevertheless, the good thing about this party was the Most Outstanding Member Award which was given to no less than ME. All the stress and "Sisa" moments of 2012 really paid off. 

Q3 ASI Recognition Night
December 6; Irie, IT Park

Batch 2004...8 years is quite a feat

That's our handsome GM giving me the award

It's not really a Christmas-related gathering but I just have to include this here since it was held on a rainy December evening. This event marked my 8 years with the company. We received limited edition silver bracelets and four thousand pesos worth of Sodexo Gift Certificates. No less than the GM handed us the award. It might be his last or mine.

Globe Appreciation Night
December 7; Cebu City Marriott Hotel


Globe, the leading TELCO company in the Philippines holds this annual appreciation night inviting their key clients to an evening of food and entertainment. This is the 3rd time that I attended their event and it never fail to disappoint. They would usually invite celebrities to host the event and their raffle prizes and giveaways are just fabulous. This year, they brought in Maricar Reyes, Kris Lawrence and Lani Misalucha no less. I won a gift certificate for a day use at Crimson Resort and Spa. Globe also gave away Timex watches to everyone. Isn't it amazing?

HR & Admin Christmas Party
December 8; Parklane Hotel



Every year, the HR and Admin Team holds a separate party on top of the companywide party. To be different from the usual formal parties, the team opted for a Pool Party at Parklane Hotel. Through the help of no less than the GM's executive assistant, we were able to negotiate the use of the pool as early as 3pm until 10pm. We also had our Kris Kringle revelation and received our first round of gifts. Most of the girls enjoyed Parklane's tiny pool and took a refreshing plunge. Oh, and the camwhoring was endless!


IGAT Runners Red Carpet Party
Northwinds Hotel


After our HR Admin Pool Party, I immediately changed into my little black dress, slipped on my killer heels and catched up on what's left of the IGAT Runners Red Carpet Party at Northwinds Hotel. I came in just in time for the testimonials and the raffles. Though I already left the FB group for some reasons I won't divulge here, I still feel being part of this running group considering the fact that I am instrumental in its birth in the first place.


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

TAIWAN 2018

Most Pinoys would choose Hongkong, Singapore or Thailand as their first country of destination.  As for me and my husband, we got our firs...