Wednesday, December 26, 2012

2012 Christmas Diaries (Part 2)

This is a continuation to my 2012 Christmas Chronicle...read on!

Cirque de la Nuit - Masquerade Party

December 15; Marco Polo Hotel

the brains behind Cirq de la Nuit

She won 2nd place...well-deserved!

This is one of the biggest and grandest parties I have attended to. Big in the sense that this is the company's annual party. We're holding it once again at Marco Polo Hotel's grand balcony. As always, the committee would always end up with the wackiest and out-of-this world theme. This year, we had Cirque de la Nuit, a masquerade and circus inspired party. Everyone always made an effort to really dress up according to the theme. The highlight of this event was the costume contest where 20 employees signed up and really prepared hard. Well, who wouldn't when at stake is fifteen thousand pesos in GC for the grand winner. The second and third placers also received ten thousand pesos and five thousand pesos in GCs respectively. I am just amazed at how the contestants conceptualize their costumes - some wouldn't even fit in the door LOL. I have been part in the committee and as always I also take part in the success of the event.

Pantry Girls Christmas Party
December 19; Office Pantry

look at those smiles...priceless!

This is a no frills yet fun-filled party with the pantry girls. As a background, the pantry girls are a few ladies from HR, Finance, Admin and IT who gather every lunch breaks and share whatever "baon" they have. I seldom join these ladies in their lunch binge with my shift starting after lunch. But when I do, it's always the best lunch ever. Just like the usual lunchbreaks, everyone brought in their food which will be shared by all. We also had our cheap version of kris kringle and raffles to add in the fun. The theme for the party is rainbow and we dress up to the colors of the rainbow.


GGM Christmas Party and JPL's Treat
December 22; Mahogany Grove

before the bahakhak

I think this gathering will now become a tradition. We started this gathering of my favorite PAS ladies last year with my former boss JPL accommodating us in her Mahogany Grove mansion. This year, there's just a few of us and I thought it will never push through with people already getting busy with Christmas. But despite the few attendees, we still had the never-ending "bahakhak" and of course the overflowing food courtesy of our host. The white elephant exchange gift was the highlight of our simple gathering. It was really fun stealing one gift from each other to the point of getting none. I'm sure those not in attendance missed in the fun. It wasn't even enough...we still continued with the chika2, bahakhak and exchange gifts over a cup of coffee and frappe at Figaro in Ayala.

Villamala Annual Christmas Gathering
December 24; Villamala Residence, Mambaling

2nd generation


my girls in their identical outfits

Perhaps, the final Christmas gathering that I attended to. It's the annual gathering of my husband's family. The attendees have come in trickles with the absence of several personalities. But the kids are still excited to receive their gifts from granny (husband's grandfather). What I really love about this gathering is having the kids play and mingle with their cousins. The older cousins like us also did some catching up on each other's lives and a little drinking session until 3am. I am just a bit sad about some misunderstanding early leading to some relatives not showing up this year. I hope those involved will be able to patch things up soon.

------------------------

There goes my 2012 Christmas. Quite hectic come to think of it but that didn't stop me from really celebrating the season to the fullest. I feel blessed to have attended to these gatherings. It goes to show that I am surrounded with friends and family who love me to bits. Beyond the gifts and material things, what matters most is the presence, the warmth and the time spent with your love ones.

I hope you all (my reader of two or three) gets to also enjoy Christmas the way I did...Cheers!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

TAIWAN 2018

Most Pinoys would choose Hongkong, Singapore or Thailand as their first country of destination.  As for me and my husband, we got our firs...