Thursday, June 7, 2012

Driving...Finally!


Yeah, I finally enrolled myself to a 10-hour driving class after years and years of putting it off. Learning how to drive has been in my bucket list since time immemorial. I want to kick myself for not learning especially when the husband is out on a trip and the car just sits in the garage while I and the kids take public transportation. Don't even mention about bad weather and emergency situations and not being able to even start that darn engine. It sucks!

So, when a colleague recommended this cheap driving school at Php2500 for 10 hours, I finally grabbed the opportunity. I was scared sh*t when the instructor immediately settled me in the driver's seat on day 1. I thought there's some sort of an orientation and familiarization but I was shocked to be behind the wheel immediately with zero knowledge on driving. At first, I was having difficulty as there are a lot of things that you need to focus on --- there's the road, the clutch, the gas, the brakes, the steering wheel, the gears, the side mirrors, the traffic lights, other motorists and the pedestrians among others. But I was able to pull it through with a few engine shut offs in the middle of traffic BUT with no accidents at all. Before I knew it, I was already cruising the streets of Cebu (of course with the instructor in the passenger seat ready to pull the brakes anytime in case I screw up hehe). It is such a liberating experience!

I have yet to get my driver's license since the husband is not yet confident with my driving skills and won't let me drive our car his dad's car. I will make it a point though to hone my driving skills every now and then. As they say, practice makes perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TAIWAN 2018

Most Pinoys would choose Hongkong, Singapore or Thailand as their first country of destination.  As for me and my husband, we got our firs...