Sunday, June 17, 2012

Midyear in Review

Early this year, I wrote in my 2012 Starbucks planner a list of the things I want to do this year. 


Allow me to go over the list and give an update of each item...

* Have at least one plane ride out of Cebu - I've had one already when I attended a convention in Manila last April. I also have two more coming up (Boracay and Camsur) - thanks to CebuPac piso fare!

* Wear heels 3 times a week - I've been wearing flats to work so I think I will have a lot of catching up on this one. 

* Run 3 times a week - Been really lazy and sometimes the weather in Cebu has not been cooperating. But I think running twice a week is already good enough. 

* Call Mamsi and Papsi once a week - check!

* Talk to Magee (my sister in Italy) via Skype once a week - there are weeks when our schedules don't meet but we make it a point to give each other updates from time to time.

* Go on a trip to the beach or the mountains with the family once every quarter - the past 6 months, we've been to the beach on several occasions (Plantation Bay, Imperial Palace, Portofino, Nemo's Hideaway, Bahia's Resort Hotel etc.). Two more quarter and I think we would be able to accomplish this.

* Save Php500 every payday - with my siblings living with me, my expenses really shoot up to the highest level and that my take out pay isn't really enough to cover. That explains why I wasn't able to hit this goal. Sigh!

* Read 10 books this year - Thanks to Fifty Shades of Grey, I was able to somehow catch up. I am now on my 4th book this year and wish I could find time to beat my target. 

* Laugh Everyday - thanks to friends and family who never fail to make me laugh everyday. Check!

* Sing and Dance Everyday - sing in the shower but I haven't been dancing lately. 


That's it...my midyear in review. I will need to check on this list from time to time to see how far have I gone. This list somehow gives me some kind of perspective as to what I want to do with my life this year. But I am not putting pressure on myself and just take this year one day at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

TAIWAN 2018

Most Pinoys would choose Hongkong, Singapore or Thailand as their first country of destination.  As for me and my husband, we got our firs...