Sunday, May 20, 2012

McDonald's Kiddie Crew 2012

This is the first time that I let my eldest daughter Alex joined McDonald's Kiddie Crew Summer Program this year. She has been complaining about being bored this summer. I don't really enroll my kids to summer class/activity as I want them to rest and not be bothered with waking up early and attend summer school. Plus, it's also the time when my wallet takes a breather from spending.

McDonalds Kiddie Crews Lapulapu Branch
Anyway, after some begging I finally gave in and enrolled her to this 5-day program. She gets to experience being a McDonald's crew through the on-floor training and on top of that, they also have fun activities like arts and crafts. I think the best thing about this program is that they get to meet new friends. I had the biggest surprise coz I was able to meet my highschool batchmate after 16 years during the culminating activity. She also enrolled her kid and they were in the same batch. 

After 16 years, I met up with my highschool batchmate Jaqueline
Yesterday was their graduation at Ayala Center Cebu which was attended by more than a thousand kiddie crews. The event was hosted by Jackielou Blanco. There were also some entertainment courtesy of Cebu All Star Cheering Squad and of course the McDonalds Mascots. I had to skip attending our PAS board meeting to attend this event...mommy duties come first! I had to drag along the younger sibling as well for her to enjoy the event with her ate. I'm thinking of enrolling her in next year's workshop. 



I just had to react to a post in facebook about a parent who do not want to enroll her kids to this program because "she wants her kids to be thinkers and makers instead of workers". I don't think that's the main purpose of this program. Yes, they were being trained how to be a crew but that doesn't mean, they will be a crew in future. We cannot dictate nor predict what the future holds for our children. This "careless" FB shout-out is quite an insult to 1000++ parents who enrolled their kids to this program. Enough said!

No comments:

Post a Comment

TAIWAN 2018

Most Pinoys would choose Hongkong, Singapore or Thailand as their first country of destination.  As for me and my husband, we got our firs...