Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Cheers to 10 Years

"Being together isn't about a honeymoon. It's about the real you and me. I want to wake up with you beside me in the morning, I want to spend my evenings looking at you across the dinner table. I want to share every mundane detail of my day with you and hear every detail of yours. I want to laugh with you and fall asleep with you in my arms. Because you aren't just someone I loved back then. You were my best friend, my best self, and I can't imagine giving that up again..." 
- Nicholas Sparks -

Last August 3, Earl and I celebrated our 10th year wedding anniversary in Boracay Island no less. I was able to score a piso fare deal from Cebu Pacific last February for a flight from Cebu to Iloilo (and back). Being with each other on that beautiful island on our 10th wedding anniversary is our gift to each other. The weather in Boracay didn't cooperate though as it was windy and there were rain showers most of the time. We also didn't get the chance to swim and enjoy the beach as the waves were very huge and unsafe for swimming. Nevertheless, we still enjoyed each other's company for 4 days. We went out and party the Boracay way hopping from one bar to another and getting wasted after --- something that we haven't done together in years. 


Until now, I am still amazed at how far we've come in this marriage. Fact remains that we're two different personalities combined and though at times we clash and collide, we remain steadfast in our commitment, love and respect for each other. I give credit to my husband for putting up with me and my imperfections all these years. 

So, cheers to 10 years dad --- more blissful years to come!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

TAIWAN 2018

Most Pinoys would choose Hongkong, Singapore or Thailand as their first country of destination.  As for me and my husband, we got our firs...