Thursday, December 3, 2009

Let’s get these parties started…

Unconsciously, I started singing to the tune of “deck the halls of boughs of holly fa la la la la la la la la la” off-key as I decorate my little tree at home. Undeniably, the busiest season of the year is here once again to invade our wallets and bank accounts. I started to do some little shopping and gasp in disbelief how my little shopping turned to a big spree. So, I promised myself to limit my gift-giving this year to just family and closest friends. Swear!

However, I won’t limit myself to party, party and more party. I have two parties to attend to over the weekend. One is the annual gathering of XGothongians – the Magdalo Group. This will be held at Mactan Isla Resort courtesy of Herbelle. After work, I have to rush to A. S. Fortuna where Anabelle will pick me up on the way to the resort.

Come Saturday is also the Christmas Party, Awards Night and Induction of New Officers of the Philippine Association of Secretaries and Admin Professionals. The party’s theme is Western so I will be donning my cowboy attire which I have been overly stressing about the past days. I will also take my oath as Vice President – Elect for 2010. Definitely, 2010 will be a busy year for me.


Next Saturday is the company Christmas Party at Maribago Bluewaters. I am grateful that I’m simply part of the core committee and no longer spearheading the event this year. I took care of the venue which I’m glad was already settled as early as October. I learned my lesson well last year when almost all good venues were already booked as early as September. We’re having a Carribean theme this year and I haven’t had the slightest idea what to wear. Well, I have my Sunday to search through heaps of clothes at Ukay-ukay stores. Sssshhh


There are two more parties that I will be attending in the coming weeks prior to Christmas Day and I am sure that the holiday binge will be up to a maximum level. And I can see myself ballooning before we hit the new year. Teehee!


Pictures to these parties will follow…

No comments:

Post a Comment

TAIWAN 2018

Most Pinoys would choose Hongkong, Singapore or Thailand as their first country of destination.  As for me and my husband, we got our firs...