Sunday, August 2, 2009

Let Me Say It Again..."I DO"


Nobody said it was going to be easy. Marriage, after all isn’t just a bed of roses. We go through a lot of experiences both good and bad.

I TRIED to made peace with the fact that for so long as I am in this marriage, I will have to make little sacrifices like staying up all night waiting for him to come home after a boy’s night out or a gig with the band, understanding the fact that he will have female friends that he will have to amuse from time to time or that he will have to unintentionally miss out birthdays and anniversaries. TRIED is the word because I haven’t reached that perfect peace yet. But I’m working on it because I’m in for the long haul. There are days when I question if what we have is worth keeping and if we’re dancing to the same tune. Sometimes I find myself dancing alone but it is in being alone that I realize we’ve gone a long way and I wouldn’t give it up for the world.


Unlike other couples, we were not one to brag “Oh, I married my best friend”. But everyday, we discover a bit of each other and our friendship blossomed somehow.

Dad,

The previous months have been tough for both of us. There had been major adjustments with the coming of the second baby and some other big leaps. Could it be the 7-year itch? Maybe we’re just jaded in some areas and it has affected our relationship. We’ve gone a long way and everyday I am thankful that we’re still together despite the differences, the many difficult episodes we have to go through the last 7 years. Thank you for bearing me out…my drama queen tendencies, my being inconsiderate and clingy. I will try my very best not to disappoint you and I hope you will also do your share in making this marriage work. Let’s continue to thrive and stay married for the rest of our lives. HAPPY 7 YEARS...all my LOVE!



Mhalou





No comments:

Post a Comment

TAIWAN 2018

Most Pinoys would choose Hongkong, Singapore or Thailand as their first country of destination.  As for me and my husband, we got our firs...