Sunday, August 12, 2012

Boracay Series: Our Accommodation

Before embarking on this trip, hubby made some little research (well, it wasn't just a little research coz he spent sleepless nights on this) on where we could get a cheap yet cozy accommodation in Boracay. We have to thank Google for leading us to some best secrets as told by bloggers http://jenniyawanders.blogspot.com and http://justwandering.org

After several discussions with arguments on the side, hubby and I finally decided to book at Namaste Guesthouse less than 5 days before our trip. I called up a number we found in Google and inquired on how to make reservations. They asked for my email address and from there we communicated via email. A certain Net Sacapano sent me a statement of account and where/how I could pay the deposit. We were quoted Php3,000 for a 3-night stay  with breakfast for two - a really good deal. Three days before our trip, I made sure that we already paid the 50% requirement to guarantee our room and sent the deposit slip via email. I was told that after paying, a confirmation will be sent to my email, but on the day of the trip, I still didn't receive the confirmation. But it didn't matter since I have the deposit slip as proof.  



From D'Mall, we walked for 5 minutes to get to the place. There's a small alley right smack in the middle of Station 2 where you can find a compound of guesthouses. We were supposed to stay at Namaste Guesthouse but there were some repairs done on that side of the compound. We were then directed to Tan's Guesthouse still inside that compound. We were told that they have the same owner so we didn't bother complaining especially when we finally checked in to our room...


We were assigned to Room # 8 at the 2nd floor. The room has two huge beds (of course we only occupied one bed *wink*), cable TV, hot and cold shower, a closet and a mini ref. The room is so huge I think it can accommodate 4 people. I guess it's true what they say about the number 8...we felt lucky having that room. Come to think of it, the place is just a stone's throw away or 20 steps more or less from the white beach and very near D' Mall and other restos/bars. 


We had daily breakfasts at the roof desk served before 10am. Nothing fancy though --- we had the usual breakfast menu. My favorite is of course the tapsilog paired with brewed coffee. 



...And now we're set for this Boracay escapade! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

TAIWAN 2018

Most Pinoys would choose Hongkong, Singapore or Thailand as their first country of destination.  As for me and my husband, we got our firs...