Monday, August 9, 2010

Chasing Dreams: Photography

I got interested in photography when I joined a photo club way back college. It was made more intense when I took photojournalism class which was part of the Mass Comm curriculum back then. I learned about aperture and iso and shutter speed and how to compose a photograph. I always grab every opportunity to join photo-shoots outside the school. One day, Sir Bien Fernandez, our photography teacher and mentor, invited us to join a group of photographers for a photo-shoot in Camotes Island. I was around artists, the best wedding and fashion photographers in Cebu. Armed with my instamatic camera and a manual SLR, I tried my hands on this hobby. However, it was a very expensive hobby and I felt that I cannot afford to spend for the films, prints, filters and the camera.

Now, with the onset of digital photography, I am more in-love with this ART. I get inspiration from photo-bloggers who capture life’s best photographs and I keep on dreaming and wishing that someday I will be like them. At the moment, my idols are http://www.pinkletoes.com/ and http://www.aileensiroy.com/.  They’re living the life I so wanted --- one who captures life’s precious moments and nature’s best behind the lens. Everyday I drool over their photographs as well as their gadgets. Someday, I will lay my hands on this baby…



But for now, I am contented to capture whatever life has to offer using my point and shoot camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TAIWAN 2018

Most Pinoys would choose Hongkong, Singapore or Thailand as their first country of destination.  As for me and my husband, we got our firs...